Abraham Nord, a conversion improvement designer at SmartSearch Marketing, offers the following landing page tactics for improving the conversion rate of your website:
- Implement clean, clear landing pages: “The design of your website, microsite or landing page is critical to B2B search marketing success,” says Nord. “Through extensive testing, I’ve learned that web design that is often considered boring, uninteresting, or stale from a consumer perspective may perform quite well when targeting business prospects.”
- Focus on visitor benefits: All marketers tend to focus on how great their company is, but business buyers want to know “what’s in it for me,” notes Nord. “Focus your webpage content, calls-to-action and downloadable assets on what will benefit the prospect,” he advises. You should also take care to give business visitors something of value. “For example, market research studies convert much better than marketing brochures,” he observes.
- Offer choices: “Not all visitors are the same and acknowledging this is the first step to converting them into prospects,” says Nord. “Empower visitors by allowing them to decide for themselves what they want. Test various types of offers and assets.”
- Ensure promises are accurate: Make sure your website engagement process is straightforward and simple. Ensure “promises” are accurate and consistent, says Nord. “For example: A link sending visitors to a registration form should not read ‘download now,’” he notes. “A more accurate statement would be ‘register for instant access.’”
- Create demand and urgency: “Website visitors’ attention span is fleeting,” notes Nord. “Because of this, business marketers must present compelling, actionable information and offers should instill a sense of urgency. Utilize limited time or limited availability offers for that little extra push to compel website interaction.”
Source: Search Engine Land
Posted November 22nd, 2011 under Intellectual Property Marketing